Had some fun with Realflow 2013.
This test was a combined rigid body dynamic / fluid particle simulation at 240 fps. I'm pretty happy with the results. However at this speed I really needed to re-work the meshing, as some of the subtle changes in position gave different meshes that refract and reflect very differently, resulting in a popping effect. (Low quality on Vimeo for some reason).
I originally started rendering this with VRay 3.0 beta with irradiance mapping, and I was getting times between 3-6 minutes, however I found some bugs when rendering the water, so I switched to brute force just for fun. Render times shot up between 15 mins and 3 hours, and I didn't want to be rendering this for 3 months. I finally switched over to arnold, and with the same lighting and 6 GI bounces, I was able to render these frames in 3-4 minutes. Sorry V-Ray, but Arnold really kicked your butt in this instance.
And lastly, a pretty simple hybrido 2 sim. This was a fun scene to test, as it took about 1tb of space to cache roughly 250 mil splash and foam particles.
I really don't know a good way to render out the splash and foam, as I don't have Krakatoa. I'd like to get better rendering and compositing oceans, as I haven't really figured out how to render and comp the splash and foam particles. Here's a simple mesh render.